Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Creative Activism!

Creative Activists:
individuals who use the power of media and the arts
to create positive change in the world.


A page in my sketchbook inspired by a trip I took to Kenya a couple years back. As well as the organization Faceless International. I love the way they put it... giving a face to the faceless. It's so true that we live in a place where we're spared seeing these kinds of things on a day to day basis, but that does not mean they don't exist. This organization has given me some rather big dreams. Things that I'd love to make a reality eventually...

I also signed up to follow this group, Creative Visions. It's headed by Kathy Eldon, Dan Eldon's mother, and Amy Eldon, his sister. (See a few posts down...) I really like where they're headed and would not mind getting involved with that sometime in the future.

Just a few more pictures that I love from my trip to Africa and I'll leave you alone...
I hope all is well. <3 style="margin: 0px auto 10px; display: block; text-align: center; cursor: pointer; width: 320px; height: 214px;" src="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiDidKpAN_dsNmgGR3SEspQNd8vU9kCkkEWenuSxsFKb0Br8g5IWJKuFTTyGpFAlw1E2P7j37i1AtUNb45yrM18g9fuPscMHVOU_GppRP-QrCfWzmAVFaX4BXlnftiW9ROBCXKz0P0lkfTa/s320/Africa+2006+014.jpg" alt="" id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5329954974085594562" border="0">

No comments:

Post a Comment