Thursday, April 23, 2009

Art Journals


This is the second page of the new book. And a bit of a theme for it.

Also - I've been doing a bit of research on what it is I do, these sketchbook things, and apparently they are actually called "Art Journals".
And... the best part, there are TONS of people that do them.

I've spent a good deal of the last couple days going through other people's journals mainly on youtube:

SuziBlu - she's amazing! Wonderfully crazy if you will and I highly recommend her if you wish to start art journaling and are having difficulty finding inspiration. She gives lovely little prompts.

[link]

And this lady... SamanthaKira who is wonderful at sharing fun things to do in your journal, as well as a pretty epic supply list. For the most part I'd say she's right on with what I use. (I really need to check out those pens she talks about.)

[link]

It's kind of nice to have an art category to fit into. I'm a mixed media collage artist who likes to do art journals. It's funny because I never really thought anything would come of my journals. They have always been something I just did, because I had to, because I needed to.


No comments:

Post a Comment