Thursday, April 23, 2009

New Moleskine: Little Black Butterflies.

So I started a new journal. The Cross Book was getting to difficult to open, despite the numerous empty pages in the back. (I ended up gluing these together and making a box in the back. Not sure what to stash in it yet...) And I'm trying out a moleskine for the first time. I can't believe it's taken me so long to try one out. (So far, I'm pretty pleased.) I accidentally bought the lined one for a writing journal, but I'm going to give it a shot. Maybe spend a few pages just writing. We'll see. So here's the first page.

I think that the secret to wonderful art is giving just enough information. And I believe this goes for all forms. (Fine art, preforming, writing, music...)


Giving enough information that the view can relate. But not too many details or specifics - too many reminds the view that it's your story. You have to leave some holes. Some openings so that your audience can fill in the blanks and read their story in your work.

It's all about communication and relating to others. In the end, I think we all just want to be comforted and told that we're not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment