Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Artist Trading Cards

So I'm planning on giving these artist trading cards a shot for a little while.

There are a few friends from DeviantArt that are going to give it a shot and I'd like to try it with them. So here's the post - copied from hogret's journal :

"Let's go ATC trading, guys ...

There seem to be only two basic rules:
(1) Size is 6cm by 9cm (either portrait or landscape orientation)
(2) Cards are never sold, but always traded

And two guidelines:
(1) Each card is ideally a one-off original - ie preferably no multiple reproductions
(2) Back of the card has the artist's name, contact detail, name of the card, and date created.

Otherwise, it seems the sky's the limit - any medium (watercolor, photo-manip, fabric, metal, collage, lithograph, etc etc) and any message.

(I'm sure you all know about ATCs, but a useful starting point for resources and links is at [link] )

~KysPerspective suggested the idea to me, and she and I will be trading, and both of us would be delighted to trade with anyone else who's interested."

* * * * *

I want to try something new. And I'm all for getting original art in the mail - no matter how small. <3

I would love to do them aimed at a specific person... so if you'd like to do a trade with me, let me know here. Or somewhere - and I'll get working on them soon.

Yay! I'm so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment