Tuesday, August 11, 2009

"What is REAL?"

"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't often happen to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

-Margery Williams, "The Velveteen Rabbit"

* * * * *

So - counting all of the donation cards I've received so far and the ones I've completed, I have a total of 20 cards! Which is wonderful! I should have no trouble at all getting to the 40 goal.

I'm so confident that after I received some cards from a friend on DA that looked stunning in ATC sleeves - I decided to make some of my own from old photo sleeves I had lying around. They look so much nicer now.

So the contest is moving right along.

Here's a few of the cards I've made so far:
















2 comments:

  1. To answer your question: This journal is a 3-ring binder that I found at a thrift shop. It was an old "wedding manual" and the pages were like cardstock so I bought it for like $1. I just gessoed the pages and things to cover up what was underneath. I don't usually use things like this, but I kinda liked it. When the rings got in the way I just took the pages out to finish them. I hope this helps!
    By the way...your cards are great!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!

    Yeah... that helps a lot.

    I'm going to try my own hand bound one first, but if that doesn't work out for me... I may try this out. <3

    Hope you're well!

    ReplyDelete